COVID-19 Safety Procedures
We want to assure all of our clients that LUX always takes the utmost care and precaution when it comes to every event we produce. For the past year we have been doing our part to help stop the spread of this virus and keep our guests safe.
As of March 5th, 2021 some counties in Utah have entered the ‘Moderate to Low’ COVID-19 risk phase. LUX has made changes to our serving styles in order to allow guests to continue to safely gather! Below you will find the measures we have been taking since last March, as well as our updates for applicable counties. Be sure to check with your Event Producer for updated restrictions in the county your event is being hosted in.
Like many, we have spent the last year learning about this virus and how to protect you, our team members, and our community. We are now meeting via conference calls for our teams, having staff work from home when possible, and limiting in-person interactions. We are an off-premise caterer with menus created from scratch. Because all of our events are produced in our own facility and by our own teams we have much more control over our environment and its cleanliness.
In addition to adjusting how our events are served we want to assure you we are continuing to take measures we always have as a food service veteran. In addition to our typical routines, here are some of the extra measures we are introducing to everyone safe:
- Upon request, we offer any of our menu items in single-serve, individually packaged containers. ($1.00 per person). This continues to help reduce the communal handling of serveware in buffet style service.
- Hand sanitizing stations are present at the beginning of every buffet, food station, or beverage station we host.
- We still encourage all guests in attendance of an event to wash their hands frequently, especially before hitting the buffet or dining.
- Guest tables are placed with a minimum of 6′ of distance between them. Tables may seat up to 10 guests, preferably in household groups. (Certain counties only.)
- Guests may mingle and visit the buffet without distancing as long as a mask is worn at all times. (Certain counties only.)
- We encourage guests to not touch tableware, serveware, or glassware at a place setting that is not their own.
- We are allowing family style service again, with items such as shared carafes, plates, and salt and pepper shakers sanitized before and after each event. (Certain counties only.)
- We are allowing self-serve buffets again, with some restrictions. (Certain counties only.)
- We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and National Restaurant Association (ServSafe) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to proactively adapt our current policies and procedures to help prevent the spread of the virus. These are valuable and correct resources for us all.
- All of our teams, including culinary, bakery, logistics, and operations are pausing production every 30 minutes to wash their hands and re-glove.
- Workstations are being washed and disinfected every hour, at minimum.
- Hand washing stations are maintained and accessible to all employees.
- In addition to our current daily cleaning procedures in our facilities, we’re dedicating resources to make our routines even more rigorous. All surfaces and handles within our building are being wiped down and sanitized multiple times throughout the day.
- Gloves are worn by all event staff when handling food, and strict hand-washing guidelines have been put in place for every 30 minutes.
- While we love hugs, we are still opting to be a no-touch facility with our team members.
- Any employee who is showing symptoms or feeling even slightly ill have been instructed to stay home.
- Event staff will complete safety and sanitation training upon returning to work and will receive continuing education as protocols evolve.
While the risk phases are frequently changing and evolving, please know that we are dedicated to remaining proactive, community-focused, and above all, loving toward our clients and teams. We appreciate your support through this time and look forward to serving you in the best way possible.
Remember to wash your hands, friends!