We want to assure all of our clients that LUX always takes the utmost care and precaution when it comes to every event we produce. We are going to continue to do our part to help stop the spread of this virus. You have always trusted us to keep the highest levels of cleanliness, sanitation, and food safety. We want you to know our process will only become stronger with the recent information about COVID-19.
Like many, we have spent the last few days learning about this virus and how to protect you, our team members, and our community. As a small business, we are being hit hard by cancellations. During this difficult time we still need to function, but this means adjusting our processes. We are now meeting via conference calls for our teams, having staff work from home when possible, and limiting in-person interactions. We are an off-premise caterer with menus created from scratch. Because all of our events are produced in our own facility and by our own teams we have much more control over our environment and its cleanliness.
Beginning immediately, upon request, we will offer any of our corporate drop-off menu items in single-serve, individually packaged containers. ($1.00 per person) This will help reduce the communal handling of serveware in buffet style service.
In addition to adjusting how our events are served we want to assure you we are continuing to take measures we always have as a food service veteran. In addition to our typical routines, here are some of the extra measures we are introducing to everyone safe:
- We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and National Restaurant Association (ServSafe) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to proactively adapt our current policies and procedures to help prevent the spread of the virus. These are valuable and correct resources for us all.
- All of our teams, including culinary, bakery, and operations are pausing production every 20 minutes to wash their hands and re-glove.
- Workstations are being washed and disinfected every hour, at minimum.
- Hand washing stations are maintained and accessible to all employees.
- In addition to our current daily cleaning procedures in our facilities, we’re dedicating resources to make our routines even more rigorous. All surfaces and handles within our building are being wiped down and sanitized multiple times throughout the day.
- We encourage all guests in attendance of an event to wash their hands frequently, especially before hitting the buffet or dining.
- Gloves are worn by all event staff, and strict hand-washing guidelines have been put in place for every 20 minutes.
- We encourage avoiding family-style events, grazing tables, and buffets. Opt for a plated event or individually packaged meals.
- Limiting personal contact such as hugs, shaking hands, close proximity etc.
- Any employee who is showing symptoms or feeling even slightly ill have been instructed to stay home.
- While hand sanitizer is not a substitute for washing your hands, it can be a great in-between measure.
While this situation is, at times, changing hourly, please know that we are dedicated to remaining proactive, community-focused, and above all, loving toward our clients and teams. We appreciate your support through this time and look forward to serving you in the best way possible.
Remember to wash your hands, friends!